nager romaine & schneiberg attorneys

Steps To Filing A Workers Compensation Claim

A work injury can affect every aspect of your life. Following these tips may give your claim a greater chance of being accepted, which means quicker treatment approval and quicker healing. When you are injured at work, your first action is to report the injury to someone. The best method is a written record but if that is not possible a verbal report should be given to the employer. Delays in reporting can cause a claim to be denied. Following the report, medical attention is essential. If you are injured you need to be seen by a doctor. The BWC/IC will only consider a medical diagnosis, by a doctor, not a nurse practitioner.

Once at the doctor, report a description of the injury. Injuries that just happen ARE NOT COMPENSABLE. For an injury to be a compensable WC claim, the injury must have been accidental and must have arisen out of or in the course of one's employment. It is not enough that an injury occurred while at work so be specific when reporting your injury to your doctor. Also it is important that the doctor know how you were injured so they can give a reliable opinion as to the allowed conditions and their relation to the work place accident. The doctors will then complete and submit to the BWC a First Report of Injury Form, and a claim number will be assigned to the injury. It is also recommended that the injured worker complete a First Report of Injury (FROI) form which is found at the BWC web site and submit it to the BWC. This will further support "reporting" an injury and will start the BWC processing for claim allowance. Most of the time, this FROI form is supplied by the medical provider.

Following your medical treatment, consider consulting an attorney. Workers’ Compensation has many time limits and forms that must be complied with to receive benefits. Similarly there are several other entities that are involved with the claim who will challenge all or part of the claim or treatment. Simply put, even if the employer agrees with the claim allowance, the other entities may appeal treatment or payment requests. You will need someone on your side to help you with your claim. Nager, Romaine & Schneiberg Co., LPA has a team of well trained, well experienced attorneys and paralegals who will review your claim and fight for your benefits and treatment. NRS is aggressive in their representation, and will ensure that you receive all the benefits that are appropriate in your claim.

Call now 855.GOT.HURT
Request a Consultation Today
Contact Form Demo
Categories: , , ,
phone-handsetmap-markermenuchevron-down linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram