nager romaine & schneiberg attorneys

What to Expect in the Workers’ Comp Process

Schedule Free Consultation

Types of workers’ compensation benefits available in Ohio

If you have been injured in a work-related accident or suffer from an occupational disease, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. The lawyers of NRS Injury Law are highly experienced workers’ comp lawyers, handling more than 11,000 BWC hearings each year. Contact a lawyer at NRS today to receive the compensation you’re entitled to.

Medical bills, lost wages, disability and other workers’ comp benefits

Injured workers with approved workers’ compensation claims are entitled to payment of medical bills for treatment of their injury or occupational disease. Other types of benefits an NRS workers’ comp attorney in Ohio may help you receive, depending on your circumstances and injury, include:
  • Lost wages. Wage loss compensation is paid to injured workers who suffer reduced wages.
  • Living maintenance wage loss (LMWL). LMWL is paid to workers injured after August 22, 1986, who completed a rehabilitation plan but have physical restrictions causing wage loss.
  • Living maintenance (LM). LM is paid to injured workers participating in rehabilitation plans instead of temporary total compensation.
  • Temporary Total Compensation (TT). TT compensates injured workers who are totally but temporarily disabled from work.
  • Schedule Loss (SL). SL, or permanent partial disability, compensates injured workers for permanent damages, including amputations, loss of use, ankylosis (the stiffening or immobility of a joint due to injury or trauma), and loss of vision or hearing.
  • Percentage of permanent partial award (%PP). This compensates workers who suffer from permanent residual impairments that are physical, psychological or psychiatric.
  • Permanent total disability (PTD). PTD provides benefits to workers with permanent total disabilities that prevent them from working. These benefits compensate for loss of earning capacity and may last for one’s lifetime.
  • Disabled workers’ relief benefits (DWRF). DWRF provides permanently, totally disabled workers with cost-of-living increases.
  • Change of occupation (COA). COA provides certain injured workers with compensation when a doctor recommends job change to avoid further harmful exposure to toxic substances.
  • Facial disfigurement award (FD). FD is a one-time award for visible facial or head damage that affects employment.
  • Pharmacy benefits. The BWC program covers medications prescribed to treat conditions related to state-fund, black lung or Marine Industrial Fund claims.
  • Death benefits. If an injured worker passes away because of an industrial accident or occupational disease, his or her dependents may receive benefits.
In some cases, an NRS attorney may recommend seeking a lump sum settlement of your workers’ compensation claim to obtain the money you need up front.

Getting the workers’ comp benefits you deserve

If you have been injured in a workplace accident or suffer from an occupational disease, seek the help you need. The workers’ compensation attorneys of NRS Injury Law help you obtain the benefits you deserve. Call us toll-free at 1.855.GOT.HURT (1.855.977.6670) or contact us by filling out our No-Risk Consultation form.
Schedule Free Consultation
phone-handsetmap-markermenuchevron-down linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram